Volunteers are vital to ONCA! We need people to join our core team as ongoing medium to long-term part-time volunteers.
Roles range from project research, helping with exhibition installs and invigilation to workshop and event support in the Gallery and on the Barge. There are many opportunities for volunteers to get involved in programming and events and develop in their specific areas of interest. It’s a rewarding way to gain experience in the arts & environment sector.
GALLERY ASSISTANT AND BARGE ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist with front of house duties during exhibitions, welcoming public, dealing with enquiries etc
- Assist with the installation and deconstruction of exhibitions, including any painting/repair work
- Assist with data capture for events, workshop and exhibitions
- Assist with cleaning tasks Respond to face to face rental enquiries, forwarding details to Gallery Manager/Supervisor
- Process artwork and shop sales
- Assist with keeping accurate sales & donation records
- Encourage gallery donations, Giftaid and membership sign ups
- Continue to grow ONCA’s network of partners, collaborators and artists.
If you are interested, we’re having an open evening on the February 6th. Please RSVP here. If you cannot make this event but are interested in becoming a volunteer you can also register your interest by completing the volunteer inquiry form on this page.