At ONCA, we provide opportunities for people to gain experience in a professional arts environment while supporting ONCA’s activities and development.
Volunteering at ONCA
Since opening in 2012, we’ve been amazed at the range of skills and support people have gifted to ONCA. Our volunteers enable us to continue providing great, inclusive exhibitions and projects for everyone to enjoy. We recognise time is precious, and hope that in exchange for yours, we can provide you with valuable experiences, growth and learning.
We love our volunteers as much as a riverbank loves voles, so we call them Voles. They are generous and creative – essential to the ONCA ecosystem. We have two types of vole positions: Casual Voles and PermaVoles. Casual Voles (not sought at present) help out on a casual/ ad hoc basis, and PermaVoles dedicate up to a day per week to supporting ONCA on an ongoing basis. Both roles might include, but are not restricted to:
- Setting up and taking down exhibitions
- Transcribing, proofreading, subtitling videos and podcasts
- Invigilating exhibitions (ensuring art works are safe, welcoming visitors etc)
- Assisting with events and workshops
- Assisting with education and outreach
- Gardening & DIY
- Writing for our blog
- Photographing events and exhibitions
- Assisting with fundraising and marketing
- Assisting with research projects
For more information, please download our Volunteering Policy.
We regularly receive requests from people who want to volunteer at ONCA. If you are interested in joining our volunteer team, please complete this brief registration form. We will be in touch if a suitable opportunity becomes available. We will keep your data on file for one year.
Step 1: Complete this form: Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Form
Step 2: Register