We’re excited to launch the open call for our first ONCA members’ exhibition!
This September we will be showcasing artworks from ONCA’s community of members at our gallery venue in central Brighton. The theme for the exhibition is HOPE.
Our members play a key role in helping us continue our work, so we want to offer this as an opportunity for them to display existing or new work in a group show for FREE.
We are also inviting people who aren’t yet members to sign up (from just £30 a year) to be part of the exhibition. ONCA members not wishing to exhibit are invited to an exclusive members-only preview party and will get a 10% discount on all artworks on the night.
From the submissions we will select and curate a group exhibition in the main gallery space. Those not selected will be included as part of a slideshow, available to view in the gallery and online.* We can accept the following types of artworks:
- Wall based (painting/drawing/photography/print etc)
- Video & Moving Image
There will be an opportunity for exhibited work to be sold, subject to our standard 35% commission rate.
- You must be an ONCA member**
- Maximum of 1 artwork per submission
- Submitted artwork must fit with the theme of HOPE
- Entries must be sent via the online submission form
- Submission form must be fully completed and sent before the deadline – 30 July, midnight
- Artwork must not exceed A3 in size (30 x 42cm)
- The proposed hanging/ installation of artwork must be detailed in the application. Any frames will need to be provided by the artist.***
We are happy to receive images of your work in progress if the artwork has not been completed by our submission deadline.
- Deadline: 30 July, midnight
- Applicants notified of outcome: by 11 August
- Artwork delivered to gallery: by 5pm Wednesday 4 September
- Exhibition: 11 – 22 September
*ONCA reserves the right to reject any applications that do not fulfil the above requirements or meet our Diversity & Inclusion policies.
**ONCA membership must be bought before submission. More information about our membership programme can be found here.
***For information about our hanging system or gallery dimensions please contact
Image credit: Kittie Jones