We’re excited to launch the open call for the ONCA 2023 Members’ exhibition!
About the theme
This December we will be showcasing artworks from ONCA members at our gallery in central Brighton. The theme for our 2023 exhibition is Heal. We are looking for submissions that are inspired by or inspire thoughts and actions of social, environmental and physical healing, reparation and restoration. Selected submissions will feature in a group exhibition in the window and main gallery space this December.
About ONCA Members
Our members play a key role in helping us continue our work, so we want to offer this as an opportunity for them to display existing or new work in a group show for FREE. We are also inviting people who aren’t yet members to sign up (from just £30 a year) to be part of the exhibition.
ONCA members not wishing to exhibit will be invited to an exclusive members-only preview party.
- You must be an ONCA member*
- We can accept the following types of artworks: wall based (painting/drawing/photography/print etc), textiles, sculpture
- Wild Cat Members can submit 2 pieces of artwork
- Jungle Cat & Big Cat members can submit 4 pieces of artwork
- Submitted artwork must fit with the theme of HEAL
- Entries must be sent via the online submission form
- The submission form must be fully completed and sent before the deadline – 20 November, noon
- Artwork must be between A3 and A0 in size
- The proposed hanging/ installation of artwork must be detailed in the application. Any frames will need to be provided by the artist.***
*ONCA membership must be bought before submission. Membership fees cannot be refunded after 14 days of payment being made as it is treated as a donation. More information about our membership programme can be found here.
ONCA reserves the right to reject any applications that do not fulfil the above requirements or meet our Diversity & Inclusion policies.
There will be an opportunity for exhibited work to be sold, subject to our standard 25% minimum commission rate.
- Deadline: 27 November, 12pm (This deadline has been extended)
- Applicants notified of outcome: Friday 1 December
- Artwork delivered to gallery: Friday 8th December
- Exhibition: 15 – 20 December**
- Private View: Thursday 14 December, 6-8pm
**The window exhibition will remain until January.
How to Submit
Applications have now closed. Please sign up to become a member if you would like to submit to the next members’ exhibition.