The ONCA Gallery is currently closed whilst we prepare for our next exhibition, opening 8 October. In the meantime you can still view artwork in our window and online. The ONCA Barge is open on Fridays for Community Mornings, Dresscue and for one-off events. See below for more information.
- This event has passed.
Seaside Sessions: Children’s Eco Arts Workshop
30 October 2020
1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Join us aboard the ONCA Barge this Autumn and investigate Art in Nature as part of ONCA’s Nature2020 programme.
ONCA’s community artist Sally Bourner will facilitate a relaxed and creative afternoon for children aged 6-11 years. Through creative activities we will explore our local living coast; stones, shells and seaweed will all become tools to make marks and create art.
Please wear clothes that can get messy.
Please let us know if you or your child has any access requirements that we need to know about.
Parents and guardians are welcome to join this session, but it is not required.
Please note, spaces are limited by current Government guidelines. If you are unable to attend for any reason, please contact ONCA prior to the workshop so we can open the space up to someone else.
**Please note ONCA’s COVID-19 Declaration Form MUST be completed prior to attending the workshop**
COVID-19 Policy – These are the things we’re doing to keep you safe and are in line with local and national guidelines:
- On arrival we will take your temperature using a non-contact thermometer
- Unless you are exempt, please wear a face covering and use the hand sanitisers provided on arrival
- Seating has been considered to allow 2 mtrs between each participant to adhere to social distancing, once seated, you can choose to remove your face covering if you wish
- Clear signage will guide you on how to move around the barge
- ONCA staff deep clean the space before and after workshops
- Individual kits of materials and tools will be provided in each seating space to stop cross contamination
- Workshops are limited to 5 participants and 1 facilitator (max of 6 people in the space)
- BYO refreshments – we currently can not offer snacks or hot drinks on the Barge, but do encourage you to bring your own with you
Data Security and Data Protection
Please contact or 01273 607101 if you have specific access needs, please note the gallery is wheelchair accessible but the toilet is up five stairs. We have hearing assistive technology and our staff have Basic BSL & Deaf Awareness training. For more information about access and facilities at ONCA please click here.
Have you been to an ONCA exhibition or event recently? If you would like to share your thoughts with us, you can do so by completing our anonymous feedback survey.