ONCA’s welcoming sewing space to make, mend and up-cycle textiles.
Please note that Dresscue is currently at capacity, please email to join the waiting list.
A space to:
- Learn new skills and share knowledge through informal learning
- Extend the life cycles of clothing through making, mending and up-cycling
- Make clothes that are more interesting, more beautiful, and more functional than fast fashion offers
- Make clothes that empower and celebrate all bodies
- Mobilise against fast fashion through sustainable practices, collaboration and dialogue
- Meet new people in a supportive and creative environment
- Connect with community and improve wellbeing
What to expect?
- A space to develop your own making projects
- Technical support and advice
- Use of ONCA’s sewing machines, overlocker, pattern cutting equipment, books and material stash
- All levels of experience and knowledge are welcome
What to bring?
- Bring ideas and projects or talk to our in-house maker for suggestions and ideas
- If you have something specific you want to make, bring patterns/ fabric or dig through our material stash
Sessions are by donation to ONCA. Everything raised will help us to continue, and expand, ONCA’s work.
Get in touch
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your needs before taking part, please contact
Our address is: 14 St George’s Place, Brighton, BN1 4GB, UK
- Bus: There are bus stops directly outside the gallery serving the city and surrounding areas.
- Car: The nearest car park to ONCA is on Trafalgar Street. For blue badge holders, the nearest spaces are 100m away at Pelham Square.
- Train: Brighton railway station is 500m away, at the top of Trafalgar Street.
Meet some of the Dresscue community here
See some more of Dresscue here