The Dresscue Project is a welcoming sewing community based at the ONCA Barge and online.
About The Dresscue Project
Dresscue at ONCA Barge brings together creative practice, sustainable approaches and agency for social change. This is a community centred project, focusing on people’s interests and skills as tools to build community, improve wellbeing and increase sustainable practices. Dresscue encourages everyone, no matter what their previous sewing experience, to come together to:
- Meet new people in a supportive and creative environment
- Participate in creative activity as a tool for self-nurture, personal expression and improved wellbeing
- Learn new skills and share their own knowledge and experience through informal learning
- Extend the life cycles of clothing through making, mending and up-cycling
- Make clothes that are more interesting, more beautiful, more fitting and more functional than fast fashion offers
- Make clothes that empower and celebrate all bodies
- Mobilise against fast fashion through collaboration, engagement and dialogue.
Class is by donation to ONCA. Everything raised will help us to continue, and expand, our work at the ONCA Barge.
Click below to book your place today!
Get In touch
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your needs before taking part in the class, please contact our community artist Sally at