ONCA hosts socially engaged residencies for artists who want to research and develop work in response to environmental and social challenges.
The deadline for Pride and Black History Month have been extended until the end of February, you can find more information about them below.
About the Programme
The 2024 ONCA Associate Artist Residency Programme supports four socially-engaged artists to research, develop and exhibit artwork at ONCA. This includes:
- Exhibition space for 3 weeks
- A two-month studio residency space at ONCA starting one month before their exhibition
- £600 fee to support the development of your work
- A materials and expenses budget
During the exhibition they will be expected to attend their exhibition launch event and co-deliver one public workshop/event.
Our artist residencies have different themes:
- Biodiversity (April) APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Pride (August)
- Black History Month (October)
- Endangered and Lost Species (December) APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Please note ONCA does not expect artists to produce an entire body of new work. The residency is an opportunity to research, develop and exhibit existing work in response to the above themes. We invite artists to approach the residency in a way that works for them given the parameters of the programme and fee available.
Please note that only registered ONCA members can apply to take part in this opportunity. ONCA membership must be bought before submission. More information about our membership programme can be found here.
- Applications open: Monday 8 January
- Applications close: 12pm, Thursday 29 February
- Applicants will be contacted by Friday 15 March
- Interviews will be held in the w/c 18 March
- Finalist will be contacted by Friday 22 March
How to Apply
Please use the application link below to apply for a residency . For any questions or if you require any assistance with filling out these forms please contact us at with the subject ‘ONCA AARP 2024’.
Step 1: Complete this form – Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Form
Step 2: Complete this form – Associate Artist Residencies Application