Volunteers are at the heart of ONCA and we wouldn’t be where we are today without them.
Since opening in 2012, we’ve been amazed at the range of skills and support people have brought us. Our volunteers enable us to continue providing great, inclusive exhibitions and projects for everyone to enjoy. We recognise time is precious, and hope that in exchange for yours, we can provide you with valuable experiences, growth and learning.
Volunteer roles might include, but are not restricted to:
- Setting up and taking down exhibitions
- Invigilating exhibitions (ensuring art works are safe, welcoming visitors etc)
- Assisting with events and workshops
- Assisting with education and outreach
- Gardening & DIY
- Writing for our blog
- Photography and graphic design
- Fundraising and marketing
- Assisting with research projects
We regularly receive many requests from people who want to volunteer at the ONCA. We typically communicate with volunteer requests via our volunteer newsletter. We host regular open-evenings and socials for people to find out more about what volunteering with ONCA involves and meet the ONCA team and our other volunteers. If you’d like to get involved with ONCA and get notified when we have new opportunities please subscribe to the newsletter below.