Deadline: Midnight, Sunday 25 March
We’re excited to announce our Spring 2018 open call! We’re looking for proposals from emerging artists currently based along the south coast (outside of London) to exhibit artwork and run an accompanying events programme in April. The aim is to provide a platform for emerging artists to showcase their work, test out ideas and form local support networks.
There is no theme and proposals will be selected by members of our Graduate Monthly group – a peer led support network for emerging artists run by ONCA and artist/curator Lorna Ough. From this a curated programme of group exhibitions and events will be produced to take place over a three week period: 11th – 29th April.
We invite proposals for the following:
- Physical & digital artwork
- Film screenings
EMERGING ARTIST DEFINITION: artists currently studying at undergraduate or postgraduate level, artists who graduated from higher education in the past five years or artists who haven’t undergone formal educational training but have been practising for five years or less.
We are also interested in proposals for events/workshops that seek to address the lack of support for emerging artists in the south coast region and aim to create networks and shared knowledge – these might include:
- Skill sharing
- Crit groups
- Advice surgeries (funding, self-employment, website set-up etc)
- Reading groups
**Deadline for submissions: Midnight Sunday 25th March**
All applicants will be notified on the outcome of their proposal by Sunday 1st April. If you have any questions or problems completing the submission form please contact ku.gr1521953952o.acn1521953952o@aid1521953952yl1521953952 or 01273 607101.
To apply please complete this form.
Terms & Conditions
- Please note a submission fee of £10 applies but will only be charged if your proposal is accepted. ONCA is a small charity not currently in receipt of public funding; submission fees will be used to cover the overheads of the exhibition and events programme
- Artists are responsible for the delivery and collection of artworks and associated costs
- Proposals will only be reviewed if submitted using the Google form.
Restrictions for Physical Artworks:
- Maximum size 1.5 x 1.5 metres
- Artworks must be compatible with ONCA’s wire hanging system (i.e. drilling into walls is not permitted)
- ONCA takes 35% commission on sales
Restrictions for Digital Artworks:
- Video files must be MP4, max size 10MB
- Sound files must be MP3, max size 10MB
- Maximum length 10 minutes
- Specialist AV equipment must be provided by artist*
*all video work will be projected on a group showreel unless specified otherwise
Restrictions for Event/Workshop/Performance proposals:
- Must take place within gallery opening hours (12 – 6 Wed to Sat, 12 – 4 Sunday) or 6 – 9pm on the following dates: 14th/18th/19th/21st/25th/26th/27th/28th April
- Maximum of 20 participants
- Must comply with standard health & safety and safeguarding guidelines
- Material/travel expenses must be covered by the artist and/or through ticket sales
ONCA has a white walled gallery space at street level with a large window and raised platform underneath which can be used for performances or displaying artwork. There is also a smaller gallery downstairs, outside courtyard and cave. See here for images of our past exhibitions.