ONCA strives to be an accessible and inclusive organisation. Everybody is welcome, regardless of age, ability, gender or background. We try to cater for everybody’s access and participation needs: your input and ideas are warmly welcomed.
We love this Shape Arts guide to accessible curating.
Accessibility at events
- Space with clear sightlines is reserved for Deaf and disabled visitors and their companions at all gallery events
- Free tickets are always available for Personal Assistants
- Some events are BSL interpreted – these are advertised in advance on our website. Also events can be BSL interpreted upon request – please email us for this service
- We have ear defenders for children and adults available for use upon request
Accessibility in our projects
- We support the creation of new work by artists who face barriers to inclusion with projects, commissions and space
- We host and devise events tailored to the needs of participants of a wide range of ages and abilities
- We encourage and work with exhibiting artists and partners to make their projects as inclusive and accessible as possible
- We ask that all hirers of the venue adhere to ONCA’s policies on inclusion
We are open to suggestions and value all your ideas, suggestions and feedback.
Please call us on 01273 607101 or email ku.gr1537280708o.acn1537280708o@ofn1537280708i1537280708 if you have specific needs you would like to discuss.