Fabulous Fran BSL interpreter at ONCA and Dan the artist. Photo by Kwame Afrik
Accessibility and Inclusion
ONCA strives to be an accessible and inclusive organisation. Everybody is welcome, regardless of age, ability, gender or background. We try to cater for everybody’s access and participation needs: your input and ideas are warmly welcomed.
We love this Shape Arts guide to accessible curating.
Accessibility at events
- Our main gallery is wheelchair accessible
- Space with clear sightlines is reserved for Deaf and disabled visitors and their companions at all gallery events
- Water is always available in the gallery
- Free tickets are always available for Personal Assistants
- Some events are BSL interpreted – these are advertised in advance on our website. Also events can be BSL interpreted upon request – please email us for this service
- Assistance dogs are welcome
- We have ear defenders for children and adults available for use upon request
Local public transport: There are bus stops directly outside the gallery serving the city and surrounding areas. Brighton railway station is 500m away, at the top of Trafalgar Street.
Accessible toilets: Due to the nature of our building, we do not have accessible toilets yet. We do have one gender neutral WC up a short flight of 5 steps. Visitors are welcome to use the accessible facilities at Moksha, 50m along London Road (Moksha closes at 6pm), and the North Laine Brewhouse.
Accessibility in our projects
- We support the creation of new work by artists who face barriers to inclusion with projects, commissions and space
- We host and devise events tailored to the needs of participants of a wide range of ages and abilities
- We encourage and work with exhibiting artists and partners to make their projects as inclusive and accessible as possible
- We ask that all hirers of the venue adhere to ONCA’s policies on inclusion
We are open to suggestions and value all your ideas, suggestions and feedback.
Please call us on 01273 607101 or email ku.gr1529741717o.acn1529741717o@ofn1529741717i1529741717 if you have specific needs you would like to discuss.