Community Arts Open Call: Celebrating NHS Staff
Extended Deadline: Monday 12th October 5pm
We’re reaching out to our community for artworks of gratitude and celebration for Sussex’s incredible NHS staff.
In 2020, more than ever, we’re totally in awe of the amazing people working for the NHS and we want to let them know with a show of creative gratitude!
We’re looking for:
- artworks that share a spirit of positivity, gratitude and celebration with NHS staff
- artworks from across the community. You don’t need to be a professional artist to submit your work
- artworks in any medium or size (drawings, paintings, prints, collage, photographs & digital work all welcome) that can be submitted as a digital image.
From the submissions, we will select a collection of artworks to reproduce in print and share with NHS staff locally. Selected works will be shared as:
- prints and postcards for staff
- prints in hospital staff rooms
- through ONCA’s ‘Culture Club’ newsletter for NHS staff
- on the ONCA website.
We believe everyone is creative and we want to share a wide range of creative joy with NHS staff! All submissions are welcome.
Since 2018 ONCA have been working locally with NHS staff at BSUH Trust through the Emerge project, offering a creative wellbeing programme at Royal Sussex County and Princess Royal Hospitals. Emerge is part of CONNECT, the public art programme for the redevelopment of the Royal Sussex County Hospital.
How to submit
Please submit work that can be reproduced in print. Whilst there’s no restriction on the form or size of the work, we will need a good quality digital image of it (300dpi).
Artworks must be submitted by 5pm on Monday 12th October 5pm via our online form. Please fill out our Diversity & inclusion monitoring form along with your application.
Please note that ONCA reserves the right to reject any applications that do not fulfil the above requirements and/or are not in line with our Ethical & Environmental & Policy and Diversity & Inclusion policy.
Get in contact
If you have any questions please contact
Image Credit: Sarah Bennett