ONCA is an arts charity that bridges social and environmental justice issues. We provide opportunities for people to gain experience in a professional arts environment while supporting ONCA’s activities and development.
Volunteers are at the heart of ONCA and we wouldn’t be where we are today without them. PermaVoles dedicate one day a week on an ongoing basis to supporting the ONCA team across our two venues. We’re looking to recruit four new people to work with us!
- Salary: Voluntary (travel & lunch expenses covered)
- Length: Ongoing, minimum commitment of 6 months required
- Hours: 10:45am – 6:15pm on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday & 11:45am – 6:15pm Sunday (4 one day positions available)
- Location: ONCA Gallery, 14 St George’s Place, Brighton, BN1 4GB
- Start Date: ASAP
About the Roles
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain invaluable experience working at a unique arts organisation by joining our team of PermaVoles (permanent volunteers).
- Tuesday PermaVole – Lost Species Day research and communications assistant
- Wednesday PermaVole – Gallery & Artist Development Programme Assistant
- Thursday PermaVole – Gallery & Office Assistant
- Friday PermaVole – Gallery & Office Assistant
- Sunday PermaVole – Gallery & Nature2020 Programme Assistant
TASKS MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assisting with setting up and taking down exhibitions
- Invigilating exhibitions (ensuring artworks are safe, welcoming visitors etc)
- Assisting with events and workshops
- Overseeing shop and artwork sales
- Writing for our blog
- Photographing events and exhibitions
- Assisting with fundraising and marketing tasks
- Assisting with research projects
- General DIY & maintenance
- Basic admin tasks
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED :
- Reliable, responsible and punctual
- Approachable and happy meeting / talking to new people
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about the arts and the environment
- Committed to ONCA’s environmental and social justice mission
- Basic IT proficiency
The position is unpaid, but we can provide up to £10 per day towards travel and lunch expenses.
HOW TO APPLY
**The deadline to apply has been extended to midnight, Tuesday 24 September 2019**
Interviews: Wednesday 2 September 2019, times TBC.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your access needs, please call 01273 607101 or email ku.gr1568938016o.acn1568938016o@ofn1568938016i1568938016.
Posted on August 30, 2019