Weekend Gallery Assistants (Voluntary)
ONCA is an arts charity that bridges social and environmental justice issues. We strive to create inclusive spaces for ongoing learning and collaboration. Volunteers are at the heart of ONCA and we wouldn’t be where we are today without them.
Salary: Voluntary (travel & lunch expenses covered)
- Length: Ongoing, minimum commitment of 6 months required
- Hours: 11:45am – 6:15pm Saturday or Sunday*
- Location: ONCA Gallery, 14 St George’s Place, Brighton, BN1 4GB
- Start Date: Saturday 4th / Sunday 5th May
*we’re ideally looking for two people, one for each day, but the hours could be split into two shorter shifts (11:45am – 3pm & 3 – 6:15pm)
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain invaluable experience working at a unique arts organisation by joining our team of Perma-Voles (permanent volunteers). The successful candidate will spend Saturday or Sunday working closely with Susuana, the Gallery Supervisor & Communications Manager, either in the Gallery or helping where needed.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with setting up and taking down exhibitions
- Invigilating exhibitions (ensuring artworks are safe, welcoming visitors etc)
- Assisting with events and workshops
- Overseeing shop and artwork sales
- Writing for our blog
- Photographing events and exhibitions
- Assisting with fundraising and marketing tasks
- Assisting with research projects
- General DIY & maintenance
- Basic admin tasks
Skills / attributes required :
- reliable, responsible and punctual
- approachable and enjoys meeting / talking to new people
- good communication skills
- passion for the Arts & Environment
- engaged and committed to ONCA’s mission
- Basic IT proficiency
The position is unpaid, however we can provide up to £10 per day towards travel and lunch expenses.
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with ‘Gallery Assistant vacancy’ in the subject line, and the following attachments:
- Your CV, with your employment history and the key responsibilities held in relevant roles.
- A covering letter, outlining why you would like to join the volunteer team at ONCA and any relevant experience
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your access needs please call 01273 607101.
Deadline to apply: midnight, Sunday 28 April 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 1st May, times TBC.
Posted on April 14, 2019