OPEN CALL FOR MOVING IMAGE, SOUND ART, LECTURES, WORKSHOPS, PERFORMANCES AND HAPPENINGS!
DEADLINE: 13th August 2017, 11:59pm
Synthetic Ecology (SE) seeks new artists’ moving image, sound art, performance and workshop submissions responding to the theme ‘nighttime’, for the exhibition ‘Midnight Notes’. SE will explore and interrogate the conceptual framework of the nighttime in our urgent eco-political crisis; seeking new pathways for adjusting our eyes and making sense of the dark.
Midnight Notes will explore the night as a space for improvisation, experimentation, occultism, storytelling, romance, dance, resting, moongazing, dreaming, cryptic writing, hiding, ghosting and non-conclusion.
Curated by Lou Lou Sainsbury.
The event will take place on Saturday 2nd September and is hosted by ONCA Gallery, further information to follow.
Synthetic Ecology (SE) is a free artist-run research platform devoted to screening artists’ moving image and developing collaborative & experimental learning spaces. Midnight Notes is part of the Synthetic Ecology residency, supported by ONCA Gallery.
Please read submission guidelines below before submitting:
- No restrictions on duration, or premiere status; although keep in mind that films and sound pieces under 20 mins will take preference in selection due to time constraints
- No submission fee
- Only single-channel video works will be accepted
- Works must have been made between 2015 – 2017
- If submitting work or proposals, please note you must be able to attend the full event and be willing to take part in group activities
- Evening screenings of selected works will be open to the public and followed by an informal artists discussion and audience Q&A
- Selected workshop/performance/happenings proposals will dictate the structure of the daytime sessions, which are led to support the professional development of the selected artists in a collaborative way
- Travel and some material expenses can be covered
- Successful applicants will be notified by 17th August
To submit your video/lecture/workshop/performance proposal, please send a PDF or zip folder via email including:
- A video/sound link (Vimeo, soundcloud etc), or a 250 – 500 word written proposal for lectures, seminars, workshops etc.
- Artist statement (max. 250 words)
- Artist bio (optional)
- Two JPEG image stills for catalogue documentation (up to 2MB, optional for non-visual proposals only)
Posted on July 26, 2017